Dalston ward forum | 25th April 7pm | Rio Cinema
Dalston Ward Forum
7-9pm Monday 25th April, Rio Cinema (basement meeting room)
Topics for discussion: Designated community, cultural and creative areas in Dalston are not just around Ashwin Street. This meeting will focus on the other areas comprising Rio Cross, Gillett Square, and Bradbury Street. We will also have time for updates on ongoing local issues such as Crossrail 2 and Conservation Areas.
Access: This meeting will take place in the basement meeting room at the Rio Cinema. The meeting room has lift access that is not in general public use. If you will need to use it please contact Peter Snell on 079 4117 9129 to ensure you have no problems in getting to the meeting
7.00-8.00 pm – Speakers and questions
- Oliver Meek; The Rio; Back from the brink and planning for the future.
- Anja & Clarissa (HCD); Gillette Square; recent events and plans for the future.
- Oliver Weindling; The Vortex; Recent successes and plans to build on them.
- Fiona Duffelen, Fee Fee La Fou; Creative Business of the year. Showcasing 100 local artists on Bradbury Street.
8.00 pm onwards – Discussion on the future of the area and updates including:
- Crossrail 2
- New Dalston Conservation Areas
- Dalston Quarter Regeneration Consultation
- New Planning Applications and Approvals
- Elrington Road Community Pottery Planning Appeal
- Dalston initiatives to address Anti-Social Behaviour
Gillett Square Survey
Have your say on the future of Gillett Square at: http://www.gillettsquare.org.uk/survey2016
From → Posts on public meetings